This position’s primary responsibilities will be to meet the ad hoc reporting needs of the Macy’s, Inc. HR enterprise. Responsibilities include self-monitoring of request queues to determine the data need, evaluating the proper reporting tool to meet the need, completing the request, ensuring accuracy of the finished product and delivering the data to the business partner. Adherence to Macy’s Data Handling and Protection policies are critical with the additional responsibility of meeting or exceeding established Service Level Agreements. This position also includes testing current reporting applications and established dashboards for proper functionality and access, quality control checks on important and highly visible analyses completed by the team, and monthly updating of the HR Analytics Salesforce dashboard. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reviewing queries and output for accuracy and reasonability
- Delivering ad hoc request to business partner
- Meeting and adhering to Data Handling and Protection policies when handling and delivering data to the business partner
- Meeting established department service level agreements (SLA’s) and timelines in the delivery of the information to the business partner
- Effectively answering the business partner(s) follow-up questions regarding the delivered data request
- Communicates to management opportunities for dashboard development by observation of recurring ad hoc themes
- Review Salesforce queue for ad hoc requests with self-assignment of request
- Gathering and documenting data requirements for ad hoc queries from business partners
- Determining appropriate reporting tool for the request, i.e., OTBI, Visier, or HR Analytics Database
- Building the query to reflect accurate technical and functional requirements
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record with analytic thinking and logical reasoning abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Previous experience with OTBI, Tableau, Visier, & Business Intelligence Tools preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field from an accredited university preferred or 1-2 years of experience required in an analytical environment with manipulation of large data sets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A