Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles – from store associate to cashier to stocker – while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you’re also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It’s an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
- Assists store management in achieving store payroll and total loss goals.
- Supports store management in providing a safe environment for fellow employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards and/or equipment in need of maintenance.
- Provides feedback to store management on all products, including recommending new items to carry, products that should be discontinued, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues that could impact productivity.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
- Adheres to inventory procedures and product handling guidelines.
- Adheres to the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines and demonstrates appropriate interactions with customers and co-workers.
- Complies with all other established company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to cash policies and procedures to minimize losses.
- Assists customers with problems or concerns, and contacts store management as appropriate regarding customers with problems or concerns.
- Processes customer purchases, performs general cleaning duties, and returns misplaced items to shelves.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of products and services of the company.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A