Perform aircraft maintenance on UPS fleet to meet or exceed airworthiness standards. Performs the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aircraft components to correct failures or implement changes. Conducts troubleshooting of complex pneumatic, hydraulic, engine, and structural components and systems. Documents procedures per established processes to ensure regulatory compliance. Performs tasks associated with the safe handling of an aircraft.
Five year progression with a starting rate of $25.46 and top out rate of $66.89. Eligible for benefits after 90 days.
- Completes aircraft maintenance forms entries and enters data into a Maintenance Data Systems, ensures entries are accurate and complete
- Determines airworthiness of aircraft and components, in accordance with established procedure and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Ensure consistent, accurate aircraft maintenance by properly completing turnover entries on unfinished maintenance in the turnover log.
- Follow all Maintenance Department Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Maintenance Supervisor, or the Director of Maintenance.
- Make recommendations to improve functions within the Maintenance Department.
- Services and inspects aircraft, components and related equipment.
- Keep a clean and orderly work environment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of aircraft.
- Boeing, Airbus and/or McDonnell Douglas aircraft
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to read and interpret Aircraft Manuals and Illustrated Parts Catalogues
- Must have a valid FAA Airframe and Power -Plant license
- Knowledge of computer systems
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years aircraft maintenance experience that could include but not limited to:
- Military jet aircraft
- Regional /Commuter aircraft
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Windsor Locks, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A