Perform aircraft maintenance on UPS fleet to meet or exceed airworthiness standards. Performs the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aircraft components to correct failures or implement changes. Conducts troubleshooting of complex pneumatic, hydraulic, engine, and structural components and systems. Documents procedures per established processes to ensure regulatory compliance. Performs tasks associated with the safe handling of an aircraft.
- Make recommendations to improve functions within the Maintenance Department.
- Responsible for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of aircraft.
- Ensure consistent, accurate aircraft maintenance by properly completing turnover entries on unfinished maintenance in the turnover log.
- Completes aircraft maintenance forms entries and enters data into a Maintenance Data Systems, ensures entries are accurate and complete
- Determines airworthiness of aircraft and components, in accordance with established procedure and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Maintenance Supervisor, or the Director of Maintenance.
- Services and inspects aircraft, components and related equipment.
- Follow all Maintenance Department Policies and Procedures.
- Keep a clean and orderly work environment.
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to read and interpret Aircraft Manuals and Illustrated Parts Catalogues
- Regional /Commuter aircraft
- Knowledge of computer systems
- Boeing, Airbus and/or McDonnell Douglas aircraft
- Military jet aircraft
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a valid FAA Airframe and Power -Plant license
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A