Website Air Canada
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you see yourself as an important member of a leading company? If you answered yes to these questions, know that Air Canada is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join a dynamic and diverse team whose members work together to lead the growth and development of Canada’s national carrier.
- Actively monitor and respond to federal policy development and the political climate.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.
- Monitor and act pro-actively in the development of bills, regulations and public policies having an impact on Air Canada and the airline industry
- Ensure the day-to-day management of communications between Air Canada and elected officials, members of their staff and representatives of key federal departments and agencies.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with stakeholders and associations, with an emphasis on those representing the transport and tourism industries.
- Ensure the day-to-day management of relations between Air Canada and senior politicians and representatives of the Government of Ontario and municipal authorities in the province.
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior politicians and representatives of the Government of Ontario and major municipalities in the province. Oversee regulatory activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario affecting Air Canada.
- Develop and maintain key relationships in order to represent Air Canada before the various authorities of the Government of Canada and that of the Province of Ontario
- Prepare Air Canada’s senior management for meetings with key government officials, elected officials or their advisers, or for official duties in
- Ottawa, on parliamentary committees or government agencies, for appearances or at hearings.
- Develop and implement action plans to sensitize parliamentarians and government officials to complex industry issues
- Manage the donation strategy of the Air Canada government relations community for Ontario and projects outside of Ontario that relate to the
- Company’s federal interests.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Government of Canada on the full range of matters of interest to Air Canada.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of the airline industry is an important asset
- Solid relevant experience in government relations (10 years), including in managerial functions, and in-depth knowledge of the functioning of governments
- Strong motivation
- Strong political acumen and understanding of the government decision-making process
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Discernment and discretion
- Fluency in French and English and strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent decision making skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher diploma preferably
- Experience in drafting documents raising public policy issues
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Montreal, Québec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A