View All Air Canada JobsAir Canada
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
- Manage the Air Canada government relations community donation strategy in respect of Ontario and projects outside of Ontario relating to our federal interests
- Day-to-day management of the communication between Air Canada and elected officials and members of their staff, government officials in key federal departments and federal agencies.
- Ongoing contact with Government of Canada officials across the full range of issues of interest to Air Canada.
- Develop and maintain key relationships to represent Air Canada with various bodies of the Canadian Government and the Government of Ontario
- Monitor and pro-actively work on legislative, regulatory and policy development affecting Air Canada and the airline industry
- Active monitoring of Federal policy development and political climate and proactively respond.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and associations with a focus on those in the transportation and tourism industries
- Participation in special projects as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior political and officials in the Government of Ontario and municipal authorities in the province.
- Monitor and pro-actively work on legislative and regulatory activity in the Ontario Government that affects Air Canada
- Prepare Air Canada executives for meetings with senior government officials, elected officials and/or their advisors, or official functions in
- Ottawa, Parliamentary Committees or Government bodies appearances or hearings
- Develop and implement action plans to sensitize parliamentarians and Government officials to complex industry issues
- Day to day management of the relationship between Air Canada and senior political and government officials in the Government of Ontario and municipal authorities in the province.
- Oral and written fluency in both French and English
- Knowledge of the airline industry is an important asset
- Excellent decision-making abilities
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good judgment and discretion
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Strong political acumen and understanding of the government decision-making process
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor degree or higher preferred
- Experience in drafting public policy documents
- Strong experience in government relations (10 years), including in a management position, and deep knowledge of government operations
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A