Massachusetts General Hospital
Working collaboratively with the Administrative Management Team, the Administrative Coordinator will perform a variety of administrative duties related to the MGH Cancer Center. The incumbent must be skilled at multi-tasking, adhering to deadlines, and working in a team-oriented environment with strong communication skills.
- Assist with developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordinating events, including catering and room logistics
- Leads monthly staff meeting for administrative staff
- Develops agendas and meeting minutes
- Manages supply ordering and organization/distribution of supplies
- Facilitates Allied orders for letterhead, business cards, and envelopes
- Assists with the ordering of lab coats
- Assist in supervision of daily operations in the Bartlett, LRH, and Zero Emerson buildings as well as Yawkey when needed
- Oversees the conference room scheduling for these locations
- Coordinates coverage for front desk area, including lunch coverage and vacancies
- Manages mail pick up/drop off procedures and ensures timely delivery to Yawkey and LRH as needed
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and assessment of Administrative candidates
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work with physicians and relate to their concerns on a one-to-one and group basis.
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures, and accurate attention to details.
- Strong sense of fairness in dealing with personnel at subordinate, peer, and superior levels.
- Must have the ability to be function in a fast-paced environment and manage competing demands effectively.
- Requires a high level of empathy, compassion and confidentiality.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise judgment required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and courteously with diverse groups of patients, staff and providers while handling various tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and function as a resource to other members of the team. Ability to resolve complex issues on behalf of the providers and the patients.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a medical or healthcare setting, with specific experience in the outpatient/ambulatory care setting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.Associates Degree/Bachelors’ Degree in business administration, health care administration, or related field preferred.
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A