The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America’s largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, conference calls, and other executive events; informs attendees/participants of function dates and times, reserves meeting space, and catering services when appropriate. Coordinates domestic and international air travel, ground transportation, and hotel accommodations. Takes meeting minutes as necessary and follows up on action items. Composes and types correspondence, memos, presentations, organization charts and confidential material.
- Communicates in person and through correspondence with high-level contacts inside and outside the company.
- Performs other duties/functions as assigned. Critical functions of this job are described above and may be subject to change at any time due to reassignment of duties and responsibilities, reasonable accommodation and/or other reasons.
- Initiates, establishes and communicates department meetings on behalf of VPs. Prepares meeting agenda. Ensures meetings progress according to schedule. Follows up on meeting action items.
- Organizes, prioritizes and summarizes the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, special requests and meetings.
- Anticipates, prepares and compiles materials for conferences and meetings on own initiative.
- Screens telephone calls and determines whether the VPs should be interrupted based on business need of caller.
- Manages an extremely active calendar of appointments for VP’s using Outlook. Ensure executives are aware of daily schedule, have appropriate hand-outs, files, presentation, etc. in advance of meetings and notified of schedule changes as they occur.
- Communicates high priority conflicts to obtain feedback and reset priorities prior to rescheduling.
- Coordinates the most efficient use of VPs’ time including:
- Anticipates and prepares daily schedule of VPs’ meetings and priorities.
- Schedules appointments without prior clearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential with a high degree of sensitivity for confidentiality
- Candidate must be strong in both oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to gather data and return reliable, pertinent information to VPs for action
- Previous experience as an Administrative assistant required. Experience as Executive level support preferred
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or at least 7 years of experience supporting Senior Level Executive(s)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irving, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A