This job contributes to Starbucks success by performing a variety of clerical accounting duties. Reconciles bank accounts, posts to and balances general ledger, processes payments and compiles segments of monthly closings. Area of responsibility may include accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management or capital accounting. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Performs accounting duties under general supervision. Provides necessary information to prepare various reports and journal entries and may work on specific accounts.
- Verifies accuracy, completeness and consistency of accounting information received. Records disbursements, expenses and other payments. Codes and keys account data into computer.
- Obtains invoice approvals.
- Matches invoice, purchase order and receipt. Assigns batch numbers. Verifies invoice information to company and government requirements. Keys invoices.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Resolves accounting questions and issues. Researches and responds to internal and external customer inquiries.
- Maintains master files and initiates various processes.
- Ability to use online accounting systems
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible to change
- Ability to use 10-key
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Attention to detail
Qualification & Experience:
- Business area specific accounting experience
- Effective customer service skills
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Responding to customer inquiries and issues in an office environment (1 year)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A