Website BNSF Railway
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a one week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
- Payroll Services – oversees time-to-gross-to-net pay processing for all employees, including but not limited to analysis of labor contracts, employment tax reporting and compliance, and data analysis focused on identifying process improvements.
- Revenue Management – oversees the customer order to cash process for freight and related charges, including but not limited to creation of the shipping instructions, the assessment of charges, managing accruals and payments associated with the shipment, the collection of invoices, and the application of cash upon receipt of payment.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Ability to learn quickly, identify issues, analyze requirements, evaluate and design alternatives and implement solutions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related field from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree in such a field within the past three (3) years.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Previous work experience in an Accounting, Finance, or MIS related environment.
- Proficiency in advanced functions of the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using SAP or ERP system.
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Topeka, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A