Website Xcel Energy
Perform general accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting close cycles and the development of subsequent internal and external financial statements and reports, including entries, analysis and reconciliation of accounting ledgers and other accounts and preparation of inter-company billings, property valuations, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.
- Participate in and support accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close cycles and development of subsequent internal and external financial statements, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.
- Collect and analyze financial data in order to perform some or all of the following accounting processes: reconcile assigned accounts, analyze financial data and prepare accounting ledger entries, prepare internal and external reports, settle inter-company receivables and payables, prepare property valuation. Identify and resolve moderate to complex issues. Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact.
- Participate in and support special projects as assigned. May include, but not limited to testing system upgrades or enhancements, rate case support, conducting financial analysis and developing special reports and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance to clients within supported business area. Assistance includes, but is not limited to interpretation of account codes or financial reports, providing project status reports, and guidance about accounting policies. Prepare presentations, statistical reports, schedules and other information on operating results for management and outside parties. May train other analysts.
- Stay current with new or proposed local, state, federal rules and regulations and internal and external financial reporting requirements. Applies knowledge of accounting and GAAP principles, practices, rules, processes, operations and company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP principles, knowledge of business and legal principles, and analytical and communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum two years general financial accounting and reporting experience with an emphasis on accounting issues and processes.
- CPA or CMA certification preferred.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A