Website Academy Sports And Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth .
- Responsible for supervising the execution of various assignments as delegated by the Store Director in Playbook.
- Develops and implements strategy for achieving weekly and monthly operational goals and completing tasks assigned to the store. This includes the development, analysis and implementation of the sales, staffing, training, payroll hours and scheduling of team members.
- Responsible for holding team members accountable for compliance with established sales, safety and security practices and procedures in conjunction with local, state and federal regulations.
- Full-time position averaging 45-50 hours/week.
- Provides departmental direction to the Softlines Sales team and daily supervisory oversight to Team Leads and team members to ensure that exceptional customer service is the priority of interaction with customers.
- Audits firearm sales in compliance with federal and state law, including properly completing ATF Form 4473 and conducting background checks, and signs off as final approver.
- Overall management responsibility for the execution and operational excellence of the entire store.
- Manages workforce productivity, efficiency and process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Management responsibility for Softlines Sales and actively participates in the personnel decisions of team members, including, but not limited to, employee selection, training, discipline, termination and development.
- Ensures the completion of departmental zoning and adherence to department, store and Company standards.
- Actively participates in floor walks with Regional Vice President, District Manager, and Store Director and creates an implementation plan to make changes based on feedback provided in store walks.
- Applies common sense understanding and reasoning to make appropriate, timely decisions.
- Writes reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business implications of decisions, knowledge of market and competition and an orientation to profitability and established targets.
- Exceptional supervisory and management skills; ability to effectively coach department members on store policies, protocols and expectations; leads by example and effectively drives the performance of team members.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Working knowledge of inventory software, order processing systems, payroll systems and Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Speaks clearly, positively and persuasively and demonstrates active listening in a variety of situations with team members, customers, business partners and the general public.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of team members, business partners, customers and the general public.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least three years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated success in leading overall departments of up to 40 people to drive operational excellence and sales targets.
Company: Academy Sports And Outdoors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org