View All Academy JobsAcademy Sports And Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth .
- Manages workforce productivity, efficiency and process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Actively participates in floor walks with Regional Vice President, District Manager, and Store Director and creates an implementation plan to make changes based on feedback provided in store walks.
- Responsible for supervising the execution of various assignments as delegated by the Store Director in Playbook.
- Overall management responsibility for the execution and operational excellence of the entire store.
- Management responsibility for Softlines Sales and actively participates in the personnel decisions of team members, including, but not limited to, employee selection, training, discipline, termination and development.
- Develops and implements strategy for achieving weekly and monthly operational goals and completing tasks assigned to the store. This includes the development, analysis and implementation of the sales, staffing, training, payroll hours and scheduling of team members.
- Provides departmental direction to the Softlines Sales team and daily supervisory oversight to Team Leads and team members to ensure that exceptional customer service is the priority of interaction with customers.
- Responsible for holding team members accountable for compliance with established sales, safety and security practices and procedures in conjunction with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensures the completion of departmental zoning and adherence to department, store and Company standards.
- Speaks clearly, positively and persuasively and demonstrates active listening in a variety of situations with team members, customers, business partners and the general public.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business implications of decisions, knowledge of market and competition and an orientation to profitability and established targets.
- Exceptional supervisory and management skills; ability to effectively coach department members on store policies, protocols and expectations;
- leads by example and effectively drives the performance of team members.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of team members, business partners, customers and the general public.
- Writes reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least three years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated success in leading overall departments of up to 40 people to drive operational excellence and sales targets.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Company: Academy Sports And Outdoors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com