Website Academy Sports And Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth .
- Management responsibility for store Logistics and actively participates in the personnel decisions of team members, including, but not limited
- to, employee selection, training, discipline, termination and development.
- Actively participates in floor walks with Regional Vice President, District Manager, and Store Director and creates an implementation plan to make changes based on feedback provided in store walks.
- Ensures the completion of departmental zoning and adherence to department, store and Company standards.
- Responsible for holding team members accountable for compliance with established sales, safety and security practices and procedures in conjunction with local, state and federal regulations.
- Provides departmental direction and daily supervisory oversight to Logistics and Merchandising Team Leads, and to Merchandising and
- Receiving Team Members to ensure execution of weekly merchandising, marketing and receiving plans.
- Overall management responsibility for the execution and operational excellence of the entire store.
- Develops and implements strategy for achieving weekly and monthly operational goals and completing tasks assigned to the store. This includes the development, analysis and implementation of the staffing, training, payroll hours and scheduling of team members.
- Responsible for supervising the execution of various assignments as delegated by the Store Director in Playbook.
- Manages workforce productivity, efficiency and process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business implications of decisions, knowledge of market and competition and an orientation to profitability and established targets.
- Working knowledge of inventory software, order processing systems, payroll systems and Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Writes reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of team members, business partners, customers and the general public.
- Applies common sense understanding and reasoning to make appropriate, timely decisions.
- Exceptional supervisory and management skills; ability to effectively coach team members on store policies, protocols and expectations; leads by example and effectively drives the performance of team members.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Speaks clearly, positively and persuasively and demonstrates active listening in a variety of situations with team members, customers, business partners and the general public.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must meet federal and state requirements for selling and processing firearms transactions
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least three years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated success in leading overall departments of up to 40 people to drive operational excellence and sales targets.
- Must meet requirements to qualify to obtain/maintain FOID card (Illinois only)
Company: Academy Sports And Outdoors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Harlingen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com